1999 Autographed Torry Holt card?

Discussion in 'What's it Worth?' started by dmwynn1234, Jul 28, 2013.

1. dmwynn1234

dmwynn1234 New Member

I have a 1999 signed Torry Holt card that is authenticated by PA Sports. We originally bought it for 40$ but now I am wondering if it is worth any more. If anybody could give me any sort of estimate, that would be great. Thanks.
  2. IQless1

IQless1 Active Member

lol...Just yesterday I was researching my Torry Holt rookie cards.

You'll need to provide a bit more info. Usually on the front is a brand name like "Score" or "Collector's Edge" which typically differs from the manufacturer's name written on the bottom of the back of cards in very small print. It doesn't hurt to know the manufacturer, but the brand name (or "product" or "Set" name as it is sometime referred to as) is important in identifying your card, as is the year.

Collector's Edge for example, is the manufacturer of several sets that year; Fury, T3, Triumph, Masters, Odyssey, Supreme, First Place, etc are all Sets (or products) manufactured by Collector's Edge for football that year.

We need to know the year the card was made (1999), the manufacture (unknown), the Set (unknown), and the number on the card (unknown).

The number isn't always on a card, and sometimes it's letters, "TH" for example.

By entering that kind of information into a search engine, you should be able to find your specific card on the internet. We can help there, but not without more info.

Try a search using "Torry Holt Autos", and you should find a link to current eBay listings.

Your card may or may not be listed there. Good luck
  3. dmwynn1234

dmwynn1234 New Member

Thanks a lot for the help man. Not too much people are helping, but you decided to take the time to do it.. I appreciate it.

Alright. So far, I know its a Torry Holt Auto card. There is a number sign on the top with 129 after that. I will assume this is the number?

I also see the letters "SPx" on multiple parts of this card. I believe the brand is Upper Deck, as that is what is says on the bottom. Anyways, I will keep the research up until I figure it out.

Thanks! :)
  4. IQless1

IQless1 Active Member

No problem. I enjoy helping others when I can.

Try a search using the following:

1999 upper deck spx # 129 torry holt auto

I just did and I see eBay has a couple people asking $25 to $35 for it, if it's your card that is. ;)

btw, notice I didn't use caps...it's optional during searches. Sometimes removing specific information, or rearranging info helps too...as in : "1999 spx auto 129 torry holt". You'll get different "hits" for different searches, so experiment and see what works for you.

Your welcome. ;)
  5. angryitalian

angryitalian New Member

You'll need to evaluate who makes the card you own. Some of the manufacturers may or may not make a difference. I would try entering a description on it and looking for it on Amazon.com or Ebay.com. I see many cards selling from that place.
  6. mleocasas

mleocasas Member

Definitely clarify the manufacturer before doing any online research. Shouldn't be too hard to find a good price for it on eBay or Amazon Marketplace or one of the card-specific marketplaces floating about.