2014 Five Star - Who broke a box?

Discussion in 'Racing Mail & Box Breaks' started by ranbethscards, Jan 25, 2014.

1. ranbethscards

ranbethscards Moderator Moderator

Just checking to see if any of our members busted a box of the Press Pass 2014 Five Star (NASCAR).

I have seen a few box breaks posted at other sites and can honestly say "I am NOT impressed with the product!"

When the "HIT" is a 1/1 of a driver who shouldn't even have a ride in Nationwide, let alone Sprint Cup, it makes you wonder why anyone would spend the $540 per box suggested price... to flip the cards (five per box) and come away with a $300-plus loss.

NOTE: seems that if you pull a Dale Jr 1/1... you will MAKE your money back, plus some... (at least according to the eBay sales)
  2. IQless1

IQless1 Active Member

If I was rich, none of that would matter to me, I'd shell out the $$$...like the fool that I am lol

That said, yeah...why spend so much on a product knowing you're likely not going to be able to even break even, value-wise?

The answer is that there are people out there that can buy a case (or ten) and get that big hit that pays for all the misses. Then there's the fools...like me lol
  3. Leafsfan1967

Leafsfan1967 Moderator Moderator

Here's a good box.

IQless1 and ranbethscards like this.
  4. Leafsfan1967

Some more here. Nice looking stuff, though.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2014
    IQless1 and ranbethscards like this.
  5. ranbethscards

okay... when you pull two 1/1's from the same box.. and one of them is a Dale Jr... well.. this guy is going to make his money back. plus some!
  6. IQless1

IQless1 Active Member

Time to mortgage the house I guess lol

I really didn't care for the Beckett break...they just rubbed me the wrong way right off-the-bat when they opened the box off-camera. :mad:
  7. Zahadum

Zahadum Member

I paid for a spot in a 3 box break that turned into the 2 box break you posted. Not happy that it was advertized as 3 boxes then they did not sell enough spots and turned it into a 2 box break the day of. I personally think that was crap the host just did that without letting those you paid know of the change. Missed at a chance for 4 more hits in my mind. I will not be a part of any more breaks with that shop.
  8. Leafsfan1967

Are you talking about Chris at The Hobby Box? He's a pretty good dude. If you message him, and explain your disappointment maybe he'll go out of his way to do something for you down the road? I doubt he'd want to lose a customer? He's the most fair guy out there, so give him a shout? I take it you ended up with just a sheet metal card, and base?
  9. Leafsfan1967

More here!

Last edited: Jan 28, 2014
    IQless1 likes this.
  10. Leafsfan1967

Just plain sad!!!!!:(

[​IMG]
    IQless1 likes this.
  11. IQless1

IQless1 Active Member

lol...Every time I see a stars 1/1 on one of these breaks I think to myself "Well, there's one more reason to resist buying this product." ;)
  12. ranbethscards

so tired of seeing Dale Jr "Books". There are other drivers out there... or did they all quit?
  13. Leafsfan1967

A couple more boxes were broke on video today by Chris at the Hobby Box. I'll post the other two sealed ones when they get broken.

IQless1 likes this.
  14. ranbethscards

a couple nice books!
  15. Leafsfan1967

Thought you'd like those two. One more opened today.

16. ranbethscards

great looking 1 of 1 "Wheaties"... and a Senior Cut Autograph! This was one of the BEST boxes I have seen of the 2014 Five Star.
  17. Leafsfan1967

Happy for the guy as he buys a ton of stuff of this seller.