How much have you spent on sports cards?

Discussion in 'Card Chat' started by bauss, Jun 22, 2013.

1. bauss

bauss New Member

I don't buy cards very often, so I probably spent less than $100 on sports card since I started collecting. Most of my card collecting was done at a younger age.

What about you? How much have you spent collecting sports cards?
    Peter T Davis likes this.
  2. Peter T Davis

Peter T Davis Notorious Admin Moderator

I don't really keep track of what I spend exactly. I can say that I spend more than I want to admit and less than I'd really like to spend. ;)
  3. ranbethscards

ranbethscards Moderator Moderator

Gotta agree with Peter... I spent more than I want to admit, but less that I'd really like to spend!
  4. T-206

T-206 Active Member

Same here. in a good year about 200.00 a moth. This year I only spent 300.00 mostly for personal reasons but hope to pick that back up as soon as I can get a few things sorted out so I don't travel so much on my days off
  5. redwing40

redwing40 #1 Wings Fan

About $300 a year not including postage, just don't tell my wife that! Lol!
  6. johnnaton69

johnnaton69 New Member

about two three hundred a months , way more then i need tooo. but it's hard not to buy when you get a good deal on ebay.
  7. LoveMonkey

LoveMonkey New Member

I actually have been collecting for about 10 years now and I have some of the coolest and expensive cards out there but all together for my 10 years of collecting I have only spent about $400. How I am able to do this is by going to auctions where people don't really know the value of the cards or by checking out local yard sales and flea markets.
  8. catero12

catero12 New Member

I also look for cards at yard sales and flea markets. There's no guarantee of finding anything, but I've gotten some cool cards for cheap that way. I've been collecting for 3 years and try to limit my spending to about $150 a year. I probably spend more on binders/displays actually!
  9. Icerain

Icerain New Member

Well how much you spend also depends on how you collect. When I was younger and just collecting I would spend about $200 a month on cards. Now that I also sell cards I sometimes spend upwards of $1000 a month.
    Peter T Davis likes this.
  10. djarum1

djarum1 New Member

I'm still probably under $200 total. Still in the learning phase, the making mistakes phase. Buying for too much, selling for too little.
  11. bigteeth96

bigteeth96 Member

Hopefully less than $300... :oops:
    This is a hobby that I am passionate in so I shouldn't really be ashamed.
  12. IQless1

IQless1 Active Member

It's all about your passion for them, and your income. When I worked in a retail store, I usually had a limit of about $30 every two weeks, but of course I spent more some weeks, and nothing a lot of the time, depending on that paycheck and bills, what was available at the time, and such.
  13. Raydeonish

Raydeonish New Member

I built a huge collection in the late 70's and early 80's through trading. The rookie craze was just starting then and I accumulated a lot of rookies from the current sets at the time. After a few years the values skyrocketed and I traded a lot of them for rarer 50's and 60's cards. Not to mention I paid my way through college through buying and selling rookies as well. Ahhh...those were the days. : )
    IQless1 likes this.