I know the Book Value, but seeing a BIG difference in Sale Value

Discussion in 'What's it Worth?' started by ranbethscards, Sep 14, 2013.

1. ranbethscards

ranbethscards Moderator Moderator

Thought I would ask opinions (and I know there will be a few!) about this card:

Steve Yzerman 2011-2012 Monikers (Autograph) 22 #04/25

The Book on this card is $80.00, but right now there are two available on the 'bay... one at $79.95, plus $3.00 shipping and the other one is listed at $200.00, plus $2.49 shipping. Both are listed as "or Best Offer". In the last month there have been a couple that did not sell with asking prices of $125.00, plus shipping.

A Beckett Member reported this week that there was a "private sell" of $125.00 for this card.

So, tell me... with the card show in two weeks... what do I put this card out at? The $80.00 BV ... or the "asking" prices of anywhere from $125.00 to $200.00?

I learned a good lesson from Garage Sales... "you can always lower the price, but you can never raise the price."
  2. redwing40

redwing40 #1 Wings Fan

Hmm!! Guess you can price it Between $80-125, the card is a low number 4/25, always start high in retail, for quick sale, at a lower price, Low $80, High $125, I'm sure the BV will go up as Beckett will make the changes to the BV at what the market is, just like looking up a price at Ebay on a card, you will see the low's and the Highs, whos broke, and who will sit on it till they get what they want, sure Beckett does the same thing we do, surf the web and get tips from Card Shows, Ebay, Forums,etc.
    And another thing, I myself have never got Full BV on a card that I sold privately, in the 8yrs I been collecting, if it's worth $125 BV I got maybe half that, or it would never get sold unless your in retail and can wait for a person that really wants that card and has the money to spend on it.
    For the Show in two weeks, I would put $125 to start, Yzerman is a big name, and its a low numbered AU, think people will ask if you will take less for it either way, at least you know the lowest you would take is $80, any lower I would just keep it and wait it out. Think like a sale's man! :)

Goodluck Randy!
  3. NORD

NORD Member

You can always ask anything you want for a card,but any educated buyer
    will undoubtably know the BV of the card.The Bay asking prices are just that- asking!With no confirmed sales of the card your at the mercy of yourself.Beckett will NOT adjust the bv with no confirmed sales!I have the Crosby from the same
    set but mine is #3/10 and no BV at all.
    Goodluck with your sale. img219.jpg
    ty4orce and ranbethscards like this.
  4. ty4orce

ty4orce Active Member

I would put the $125. price tag on it.....if anyone is interested at the show you could go from there.....
    Yzerman does command a premium!......
    On a side note that is a nice Crosby just got word he signed my SOTT (group A) and I should be receiving mine shortly after a year plus of waiting ....I will post a pick upon arrival....
  5. ranbethscards

ranbethscards Moderator Moderator

sweeeeeet Crosby! ... and that autograph of his... wild!