Leafsfan1967's Mail Day Thread

Discussion in 'Hockey Mail & Box Breaks' started by Leafsfan1967, Jun 19, 2012.

1. Leafsfan1967

Leafsfan1967 Moderator Moderator

7 more in today!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
  2. Leafsfan1967

Just in today!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  3. ranbethscards

ranbethscards Moderator Moderator

fantastic Howe! Congrats Troy!
  4. Leafsfan1967

No mail in today, but this came in yesterday, but I forgot to post it. Old school Habs auto Elmer Lach, and this was a redemption, so not many of these out there. Seems like a good number of the 146 autos in this set are short printed. Oh well, makes it that much more fun to hunt down the last 50, or so.

[​IMG]
  5. ranbethscards

looking forward to the day you post the LAST card and you saying "Completed!"

congrats on another nice pickup Troy!
  6. Leafsfan1967

Me too buddy, but that day may never come, at least not in the very near future. There are way too many very scarce autos in this set, and that means big bucks if, and when they show up on ebay, and that is nearly never. The Mario Lemieux is so scarce it sells for over a thousand bucks. The Jean Beliveau isn't far behind, and I've actually never seen one. Then there`s the Scotty Bowman, Rod Gilbert, Johnny Bucyk, Mike Bossy, Bobby Hull, Phil Esposito, Patrick Roy, Denis Savard, Bobby Orr, and Ray Bourque. Some of those sell in the hundreds, or couple, or three hundreds, and some I've never even seen yet. Then there are some lesser ones I'm not sure about, that I've never seen before, like Garry Unger, Marc Tardiff, Walt Tkaczuk, Milt Smidt, Terry O'Reilly, Bill Gadsby, Dino Ciccarelli, Dale Hunter, Joey Kocur, and a couple others. Also, there are guys like Doug Gilmour who is not listed as a short print, but sells at $125+ when one actually surfaces. :(

I'm currently at 99/146, which is remarkable since I started this not so very long ago, with not so much money. I have several incoming this week, so stay tuned for posts of Rejean Houle (Montreal), Mike Keenan (Coach), Guy Lafleur (Montreal), Reggie Leach (Philadelphia), Marty McSorely (Los Angeles), Scott Stevens (New Jersey), Frank Udvari (Referee), and I got another copy of Larry Robinson incoming (Montreal). As you may have heard the last copy I bought had all 4 corners dinged. :rolleyes:

FYI: Not sure how rare Stevens, Leach, or McSorely are, but these are the first copies I've ever seen of these guys. That's what makes this the greatest set ever made, IMO. Some of these are so scarce, nobody has any idea how little amounts of each of them there actually are? :ref:
  7. Leafsfan1967

Today's mail!

[​IMG]
  8. ranbethscards

Great "Triple" #/25!

and another addition to the Parkhurst PC... Congratulations!
  9. Leafsfan1967

Today's mail! 2 more Parky autos.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  10. ranbethscards

Nice Keenan autograph!

good to see you're getting that Packy set put together!
  11. Leafsfan1967

Robinson replaces the damaged one I was sent by a dishonest ebay seller. :mad:

[​IMG]
  12. ranbethscards

nice! once again you are killing it!

awww...the good ole days when hockey was played without helmets!
  13. Leafsfan1967

Today's mail had 2 Crosby rookies.

2 more Sidney Crosby rookies giving me 7 copies of this now.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
  14. ranbethscards

sorry Troy...if it ain't a "Parky" then don't post it!
  15. ranbethscards

Troy.... give us an UPDATE on how many Parky's are left... just like to know who they are... and we will try to help!
  16. Leafsfan1967

40 to go. I'm at 106/146. Many of the ones needed are unattainable for me right now, as the rarity, and prices are just too high. Even when some of these rarely pop up, the sellers always have a rediculous inflated price on them. Some, you just never see. I'll post a list when I get some time!
    ranbethscards likes this.
  17. redwing40

redwing40 #1 Wings Fan

Very Nice collection of Parkys! Did a box but no Auto, but plenty base if your missing some!
  18. ranbethscards

A list? no way buddy... I want to see scans!
  19. IQless1

IQless1 Active Member

20. IQless1

IQless1 Active Member

I like the old-timers autos, I have ever since I bought some Pristine Retired and Legends packs. Pulled some cool autos out of them, but they're not hockey so I won't mention 'em here lol

It's just the "homage" thing for the retired players that I like. You know, remembering the greats from days past. Most of the rookies you see today are not going to last, as my massive rookie collection attests lol...I wiki'd a bunch of 'em and see this guy played on this team, on the practice squad, then moved to this team, on the practice squad, then never "played" again lol

I have respect for the old timers, so finding an auto or relic of them is usually more fun for me than finding a rookie's auto or even a star player's auto.

Cool cards btw.