Leafsfan1967's Mail Day Thread

Discussion in 'Hockey Mail & Box Breaks' started by Leafsfan1967, Jun 19, 2012.

1. Leafsfan1967

Leafsfan1967 Moderator Moderator

Plus the old timers have every letter signatures that always impressed me, unlike the overpaid punks of today who barely make an effort at their signature, and most of them offer a worthless, ugly scribble that annoys me like mad. They could learn a lot from the old time HOF'ers.
    IQless1 and redwing40 like this.
  2. redwing40

redwing40 #1 Wings Fan

Nice Lindsey! :) great Auto's, Congrats!
  3. IQless1

IQless1 Active Member

Ahhhh yeah, that's the shizzle...

...whatever that means. o_O
  4. Leafsfan1967

Slow week fo pickups! Just this Big M auto, and 3 Tiger rookies.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  5. ranbethscards

ranbethscards Moderator Moderator

Three Tiger Rookies? Oh Oh! Troy is trying to corner the Tiger Woods Rookie Card Market!
  6. Leafsfan1967

I'd need another 3 million more to do that. These are everywhere. I'm thinking on grabbing a case of this stuff one day for a fun break. If shipping wasn't so much, I'd do it already.
  7. Leafsfan1967

Bought these a couple days ago off ebay. Also, bought 2 Leafs autos off HI (Jussi Rynnas, and Dion Phaneuf) The 90-91 Score cards are mass produced, but it's Martin Brodeur's only rookie card, as is the Lindros. Paid $12.49 + $3 shipping for all those 29 Score rookies. The Brodeur's book at $15 each X8 on their own, so good deal for me. Ovechkin was only $17.50 + shipping. Not that great a card being a sticker auto, but $20 for an Ovy auto is a steal.

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2013
  8. GamerRoy

GamerRoy New Member

hey leafs I have some ultimate cards 06/07 Ultimate Jersey Henrik Lundqvist 091/200

06/07 Ultimate Signatures Gilbert Brule
  9. Leafsfan1967

Thanks for the offer, but not guys, or teams I collect. Anything else?
  10. GamerRoy

GamerRoy New Member

have a phaneuf parkhurst rookie
  11. Leafsfan1967

Can you put that aside for me? If you get something a little more to make the shipping cost worthwhile, we can do a deal then.
  12. GamerRoy

GamerRoy New Member

sure can what hockey to you collect besides leafs players
  13. Leafsfan1967

Here's the 2 Leafs autos I got the other day.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  14. GamerRoy

GamerRoy New Member

other leafs cards I have are

06/07 ITG O Canada Luke Schenn #13
    09/10 Artifacts Frozen Artifacts Frank Mahovlich
  15. Leafsfan1967

Last night's 2 pickups.

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2013
    redwing40 and IQless1 like this.
  16. Leafsfan1967

About 40, or a bit less. Just found out there's another one out there not on the checklist. So, there is now 147, or 148 instead of 146 like stated. Not too many I need now that are affordable. Most of the rest are very pricey.
  17. redwing40

redwing40 #1 Wings Fan

That Kessel Auto is cool! Congrats on another Parky auto to your set!
    Leafsfan1967 likes this.
  18. Leafsfan1967

Thanks! Should be able to get another 15-20 closer over the next while. Some will be unattainable at the moment. Lemieux is over a grand. Beliveau is up there, too.
    redwing40 likes this.
  19. redwing40

redwing40 #1 Wings Fan

Yeah, the Lemieux is a tough one to get, I had a few from a box break, but long gone as I traded them off a year back ago, nothing big, and forgot who I had, goodluck on the others, sure you will be nailing the set before you know it, minus a few high ends unless you hit the lotto, like me on some Red Wings I want so bad, just untouchable!
  20. Leafsfan1967

A neat little mail day today, I was not expecting. A couple years ago, James Reimer was at FrozenPond for a public signing that I was unable to attend. As some of you may know, the owner of Frozen Pond, and I are good friends, and I asked him to save me a picture frm the signing. Well he got me 2, and they've been sitting on his desk for over 2 years. I've been pretty sick the past 3 years, and haven't been able to go to any events. Last week, my daughter posted on his facebook page how cool it would be to have a Stan Lee autograph, and he told her no promises, but he would see what he could do. Stan was in town this past weekend for an appearance at Fan Expo. Today, Hersh's unexpected package arrive here, and there was 2 James Rimer siged 8X10's, and a Stan Lee auto'd 8X10 for my daughter. What a great thing for him to do for us. Definitely put a smile on both our faces, which hasn't happened too much of late. Here they are.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2013
    IQless1 likes this.