Leafsfan1967's Mail Day Thread

Discussion in 'Hockey Mail & Box Breaks' started by Leafsfan1967, Jun 19, 2012.

1. Leafsfan1967

Leafsfan1967 Moderator Moderator

Picked up 6 more autos tonight. 5 of them were from the same seller, and the same set, so I only had to pay $4 shipping on all of them. They are all from one of the older sets I've been focusing on. There haven't been any Parkhurst autos available the past couple weeks I need for my set, but these are something I really like, so why the heck not? These are my first Goulet, and Lafontaine autos, too.

The 6th auto I picked up tonight is from the new 12-13 Heroes, and Prospects set. This player is from my hometown Barrie Colts OHL hockey team, and right now is projected to go 1st, or 2nd in the upcoming 2014 NHL entry Draft. I wanted to add an auto of him before the prices got too high, and I was happy to get it for $11, and change plus $2.75 shipping. These usually go for $15-$20 , and if he has a good year should be higher come draft time. Only thing is his auto is very weak, so I will be looking for an upgrade at some point. His 11-12 H+P auto is much better, and more letters to it. Oh, and Ekblad is the captain of the Barrie Colts, and is currently listed as 17 years old, and is 6'4" and 213 lbs. He's a monster, and is gonna be a huge star in the NHL someday.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2013
    redwing40 likes this.
  2. ranbethscards

ranbethscards Moderator Moderator

Great pickups! I like the Epic Signatures.
  3. Leafsfan1967

These older sets were some of the nicest autograph cards ever produced. That is why I chase them now. Those 5 Epic Signatures autos I got last night cost me $34 delivered. Each, and every one of those 5 guys are in the Hall Of Fame.

Dale Hawerchuk : 19th all time in total points (1,409) HHOF 2001
    Jari Kurri: 20th all time in total points (1,398) , 18th in total goals, HHOF 2001
    Michel Goulet: 49th all time in points, 27th in goals (1,152) HHOF 1998
    Gilbert Perreault : 32nd in all time points (1,326) HHOF 1990
    Pat Lafontaine: 76th all time in points (1,013) HHOF 2003
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2013
    redwing40 likes this.
  4. redwing40

redwing40 #1 Wings Fan

Very nice indeed, great players! awesome pickups! :)
  5. Leafsfan1967

About a month ago, I got outbid on a Marc Tardif Parky auto I needed for my set. It was the only one I've ever seen, and it went for $37.88 plus shipping, which was way too much for me. Fast forward to last night, I notice another one listed with 2 other Parky autos, so I put a snipe on it, and won it this afternoon. Now, I don't need the Mcfarlane, or Grimson, as I have those already, but when I get those two, plus the Tardif for $16.49, you jst gotta love it. Sometimes it pays to wait for something.

[​IMG]
  6. redwing40

redwing40 #1 Wings Fan

Those are cool, Congrats Troy!
  7. Leafsfan1967

Thanks! Picked this one up tonight keeping with my old guys theme. Wanted to add to Makita to my PC for a while, but never seemed to be able to fing one at a decent price until tonight.

[​IMG]
  8. ranbethscards

nice pick up Troy!
  9. Leafsfan1967

Super stoked to add another extremely short printed auto tonight for my Parkhurst set. I finally joined up on COMC yesterday, and found this one was for sale at $44, which is exactly what the last one on ebay sold for (one previous to that one sold for $60). I transferred some funds into my account, and sent an starting offer of $35., and the card owner accepted it. :D

I actually bought this card in the summer off a very reputable guy off HI, but he never sent it, and after a month of waiting, I contacted him, and he said he forgot. I told him just to send it right away, and all would be forgotten, but another week went by, and I heard nothing from him, so I filed a dispute with paypal, and esculated it to a claim right away. He finally decided to contact me after paypal froze his funds, and said he would send it to me if I resent the funds back to him. I told him I would pay for it as soon as it arrived here, because I wasn't going through another 6 weeks of his excuses, and BS. Never heard back from him again, and he got himself banned for life on HI because of this. This guy had 130+ feedback over there. hard to believe one would want to ruin their reputation over $30? :rolleyes:

Anyways, after thinking I may never see another one of these, I finally have one on the way. :D I'm down to needing 32 now to finish this set. Lots of expensive ones to get, so it will take a while. :(

[​IMG]
  10. Leafsfan1967

3 more pickups last night. One hockey, and two odd ball autos that don't really fit my PC, but are pretty cool, so what the heck? Mario was the jockey who rode "I'll have Another" to the Kentucky Derby win in 2012, and what else needs to be said about "The Poker Brat"?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  11. Leafsfan1967

Just added this one.

[​IMG]
  12. Leafsfan1967

Picked this up tonight. This is Allan Stanley's rookie card from the famous 51-52 parkhurst set. Not sure if it's worth getting graded, or not? I'm guessing it would get at least a 4, but could get a 5 maybe? I'll see what our friends at ISA grading say on it? Oh, and I forgot to mention why I bought it. mr Stanley passed away yesterday at age 87. RIP!! :(

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ranbethscards likes this.
  13. ranbethscards

looking at the 'bay.. it seems that all 1951-52 Parkies are bring big numbers graded.
  14. Leafsfan1967

3 more tonight. All from the same guy. Realized that I had sold both my Brett Hull autos, so wanted one for the collection. $12, and change is a steal for his signature. Added the Mogilny for $6, and change (his autos a rare), and the McSorely for $2, and change as an after-thought.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2013
  15. Leafsfan1967

Just won this!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2013
  16. Leafsfan1967

Just added another one for the Parky set.

[​IMG]
  17. redwing40

redwing40 #1 Wings Fan

Just nailing them Parkie's away, nice 51 parkie, RIP! Nice Yzerman, Mogilny AU, great pick prices! Congrats Troy!
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2013
  18. Leafsfan1967

Thanks! One of the best parts of collecting what I do, is knowing how great a deal I've been scoring on these awesome additions to my PC. I probably won't ever be able to finish the Parkhurst set, as there are about 15, or so that are just so rare, and priced so high. Even when some of these pop up on occassion, you have to have the paypal ready, and waiting, and that's gonna be very hard to do, especially when ones like the Mario Lemieux go for about a grand. I've never even seen a Beliveau, and not too many Roy, or Bourque have ever surfaced. Realistically, I can probably obtain another 15, or there-a-bouts. The last 15 are gonna be very tough.
  19. Leafsfan1967

5 more autos tonight from the same guy. $9.99 for a Brett Hull auto? I'll pay $11 for Sundin autos all day long! Been selling them for $25- $30. Koivu is no longer signing autos, and his signature is fairly rare compared to most players, and was just over $5. Gaborik, and Sedin were both $2.99 each, so not a bad buy. I'll probably flip all 5 of these once they come in.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2013
    redwing40 likes this.
  20. redwing40

redwing40 #1 Wings Fan

Now those are nice, Yet to have a Hull Auto, nice find!