Leafsfan1967's Mail Day Thread

Discussion in 'Hockey Mail & Box Breaks' started by Leafsfan1967, Jun 19, 2012.

1. redwing40

redwing40 #1 Wings Fan

Another Parky? Langway does a nice Auto! Congrats!
    Leafsfan1967 likes this.
  2. Leafsfan1967

Leafsfan1967 Moderator Moderator

Just scooped this one up for my Kessel PC. I'm not a huge fan of jerseys, patches, sticks, or in this case fight straps, but any time you get a chance to add a rare piece /10 to your player PC, at a really good price, I think it's a no-brain decision.

[​IMG]
  3. Leafsfan1967

4. redwing40

redwing40 #1 Wings Fan

Nice Kessels! Yes, the Fight Straps are neat, like yours at #/10, nice find! Congrats
    Leafsfan1967 likes this.
  5. Leafsfan1967

Been a quiet week for me. With Christmas on the way, I most likely won't be buying much until the New Year. We'll see how the ebay sales go? Did snag another Kessel auto tonight, for $11, and change plus shipping. These acetate cards are pretty cool, and I think this one was a redemption, if I remember correctly, so not a lot of these out there at the moment.

[​IMG]
    redwing40 likes this.
  6. redwing40

redwing40 #1 Wings Fan

Nice Kessel AU for $11! Those are cool!

And I hear you with the slowing down on buying cards for the Holidays, Hopefully my family remembers I collect Hockey cards this Christmas, Lol!
  7. Leafsfan1967

One more of the easier ones I need.

[​IMG]
    redwing40 likes this.
  8. Leafsfan1967

Got 4 more cards tonight, so far! One more may come in a bit, but this is probably it for today. All from the same US seller to justify the $6.75 shipping cost. This is the only way I can buy from US sellers if I can get multiple cards from the same source. First card is a Maple Leafs 8 piece jersey card. I almost never buy jersey cards. I'm not a fan of them, unless it happens to be rare mem from an old timer, but to have a current Leafs card with 8 different pieces for $8.50, I made an exception.

CARD FRONT
    [​IMG]

CARD BACK
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2013
  9. Leafsfan1967

After the 8-way jersey card, I picked up 3 more autos. The first is an older short printed, hard signed Joe Sakic auto for $15, and change, which is a bargain for any auto of his. I sold my only Sakic auto a month ago for $35, so this is definitely a good replacement.

Next up is an autograph of Bob Cole that I picked up for $3.25! For those who do not know who he is, Cole was the voice of Hockey Night In Canada for decades, and did a ton of Leafs broadcasts over the years. I think he's still doing broadcasts, can't recall for what team, but it may be the Winnipeg Jets.

Finally, one auto I had my eye on all week was the Jean Beliveau pictured below. I had this exact auto in my PC for years, but sold it quite a while back, and have regretted it ever since. Picked this up for just a tad lower than I sold ms good again.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  10. ranbethscards

ranbethscards Moderator Moderator

three more really nice pickups! That Bob Cole has a nice look to the card design... did they do the complete set that way?
    Leafsfan1967 likes this.
  11. Leafsfan1967

I do believe there is an autographed subset with other players in it. I'll have to search for them now. You are right they are nice looking cards.
  12. redwing40

redwing40 #1 Wings Fan

Nice Sakic Auto, Cool Cole, never seen them cards before, Mr Beliveau! Those are cool UD's, Great pick ups as always!
    Leafsfan1967 likes this.
  13. Leafsfan1967

One more auto tonight. I really need to stop buying for a while, but man there are some good deals out there right now. Paid $20 for this "Russian Rocket" Pavel Bure auto tonight, but I honestly wanted this one for a while, and they aren't that plentiful, so I hit the BIN on it.

[​IMG]
    redwing40 likes this.
  14. Leafsfan1967

Probably my last big pickup of the year, My lowest print run Kessel auto to date. This one is from the very recent Toronto Fall Expo a couple weeks ago. Those who busted a box of 13-14 Upper Deck Series One Hockey got to pick a random sealed auto from the stack at the Upper Deck corporate booth. Some were very short printed like this one. :)

[​IMG]
    redwing40 and IQless1 like this.
  15. redwing40

redwing40 #1 Wings Fan

Wow, nice pick up, #5/5 is a neat one to have, I have a Justin Abdelkader Artifacts RC that's a #4/5 and the only lowest number I have, so congrats to a great find!
  16. Leafsfan1967

Haven't bought anything the past 3 weeks, but sold a few cards on ebay, so added a couple more Parky's last night. Down to needing 23 now. Both of these are fairly tough to get, and have alluded me until now. Only one more Leaf player Doug Gilmour, which will cost me significantly over the $100 mark. Wendel cost me $50, and Anderson $20. That's the problem you face when you build this set.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2013
    redwing40 likes this.
  17. redwing40

redwing40 #1 Wings Fan

18. Leafsfan1967

A couple more additions to the 00-01 UD Legends Epic Signatures set tonight. The seller had a bunch of these listed, but they were listed too close together to get a bunch of them, and many went way higher than I wanted to go. $15 for Mahovlich, and $25 for Hull I can live with? I love these old hard signed sets filled with Hall Of Famers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  19. Leafsfan1967

Forgot to post the other day, but along with those two Dale Earnhardt gold foil cards I bought for $10, I picked up 3 hockey cards from the same seller. Probably will flip the 3 hockey cards at some point. Always liked Cam Ward, and he has a Stanley Cup ring, so why not own his popular 05-06 SP Authentic rookie? Got the Sedin for $4, and the Girardi was more of a spec purchase at $6. He is an unrestricted free agent this summer, and well Toronto need to get a couple defenseman, so I bought this in hopes he signs as a Leafs player. These rookie patch autos are only out of 399, so if he doewsn't sign with Toronto, I will just unload it on a rangers fan, or a fan of whoever he signs with. I know, complicated. :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  20. redwing40

redwing40 #1 Wings Fan

As always, Nice stuff! Congrats!