Leafsfan1967's Mail Day Thread

Discussion in 'Hockey Mail & Box Breaks' started by Leafsfan1967, Jun 19, 2012.

1. Leafsfan1967

Leafsfan1967 Moderator Moderator

Thanks, buddy! :)

Just got in a small Young Guns lot yesterday, and just listed most of them on ebay tonight in between banning spammers on here. In the lot was a 13-14 Morgan Rielly YG, and a 10-11 Upper Deck French YG Nazem Kadri for my PC. The other stuff was:

10-11 Sergei Bobrovsky UD French YG
    13-14 Danny Dekeyser YG
    13-14 Sami Vatanen YG
    13-14 Seth Jones YG
    13-14 Connor Carrick YG
    13-14 Valeri Nichushkin YG
    13-14 Jonathan Huberdeau YG

Also in today was a Kurt Busch auto I picked up for $3.99 + shipping. I've slowly been turning into a Kyle, and Kurt collector, without really knowing it till now. :eek:

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2014
    redwing40 likes this.
  2. Leafsfan1967

Haven't had a lot of time to make posts this past week due to the recent influx of spammers crashing the site, but here's a couple more pickups that are incoming. The Ted Lindsay auto is from 1997 Pinnacle, and is actually a 5X7 card that is hard signed. The set has some pretty nice HOFers in it, and are very affordable to obtain. I had the Maurice "Rocket" Richard auto at one time, but sold it off a few years ago, so I'm looking to replace it very shortly. Also in the set is Johnny Bower, Stan Mikita. Johnny Bucyk, Andy Bathgate, and Willie O'Ree.

Picked up another auto for my 06-07 Parky set. This Danny Grant is fairly tough to get, so happy to knock it off the list. Down to needing 21 more to finish it off.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    redwing40 likes this.
  3. redwing40

redwing40 #1 Wings Fan

Nice Grant, and I have the same 5x7 Lindsay AU I got a few years back, sweet card, glad you have one also! Nice finds!
    Leafsfan1967 likes this.
  4. Leafsfan1967

Picked this up tonight. In case you didn't notice, I like Ted Lindsay stuff, lol. Hoping to add a few more cards in a little bit. I have the snipes awaiting.

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2014
    redwing40 likes this.
  5. Leafsfan1967

Went a bit overboard tonight, and won 10 more auctions after the Lindsay in the above post.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2014
    redwing40 likes this.
  6. Leafsfan1967

Picked up a couple Larry Robinson autos off another board last night. Glad to add 2 more hard signed autos of this HOFer to my collection.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2014
    redwing40 likes this.
  7. IQless1

IQless1 Active Member

Cool. I really like how you've "specialized", how you know what you want, and go and get it. I have a tough time with that, because so many things interest me. Not that I'm envious or anything though...it's more like, "congrats", if that makes any sense? o_O
  8. Leafsfan1967

Trust me there is a lot more stuff I want, and interest me, but over the past 31/5 years I've had to compromise. I've been selling off a lot of my stuff I no longer need, or want in my collection. Ex-Leafs players for example that are no longer on the team, and weren't prominent members like a certain few. I also sold most of my rookie cards, especially the Young Guns from Upper Deck that command pretty good money. I also had multiple copies of many autographs, and rookies, and I got rid of those, and kept just one copy of some. With the proceeds of these sales, I've been able to add some pretty nice Hall Of Fame autos of some pretty big named players.

I do not bust wax anymore, and haven't for years. If you look above at my post with the 10 cards, and the one above it of the Lindsay auto, and I can tell you that all that stuff was under $100. Now try, and buy a box of new product for $100, and tell me you'd even get a fraction of that value out of your box. Wouldn't even be remotely close to half that in value. That is why I don't open product. Sure there's the fun factor you miss by not opening packs, but at the end of the day I look at the end result, and my choice is very easy to make.
    IQless1 likes this.
  9. Leafsfan1967

Two more huge pickups for the Leafs collection from 04-05 ITG Franchises. You just never see these available anymore, and one of my regular sellers had a bunch of these listed tonight from Leafs, to Habs, to Hawks, and even Flyers. I wish I had the money to buy every one he had, but quite happy with these two. Bower is one of the nicest gentleman you'll ever meet, and I've wanted this one for a while. As you may have heard, or read in one of my previous mail posts, Allan Stanley just recently passed away back in October. I'll always have a spot for deceased athletes signatures in my collection. Sounds morbid, I know, but they just aren't signing anymore.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    redwing40 and IQless1 like this.
  10. redwing40

redwing40 #1 Wings Fan

Those are cool, Nice pick ups! :)
  11. Leafsfan1967

Thanks!

Made one more deal tonight. Tony Esposito!

[​IMG]
    IQless1 likes this.
  12. Leafsfan1967

Made a swap for this one tonight. Always happy to add another "Killer" to my collection.

[​IMG]

...and this one for the Parky set, and a Captain Dion!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2014
  13. Leafsfan1967

Swung a deal for these ones. Not sure why it took me so long to add one of these FWA to my Leafs PC, but like it, or not he's here for 7 years, so may as well get use to it. LOL!! That is about enough Dion for now! Time to get my focus back on the old timers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
  14. Leafsfan1967

A few more low ends added! Wish i had the money to spend on new cards as so many killer deals out there. :( The last one Ziggy Palffy is quite rare. There are 3 versions of this 1997 Pinnacle autograph. Regular, diecut, and prismatic diecut which is suppose to be out of 100. These are hard to come by.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
  15. Leafsfan1967

BOOM!

[​IMG]
    IQless1 likes this.
  16. IQless1

IQless1 Active Member

Nice one!
  17. Leafsfan1967

Thanks, man! Tough to build a collection with little, or no funds available. Thank goodness for trades, and the occassional ebay sale.
  18. Leafsfan1967

The first of several deal made recently on HI. Sticker autos, but not that worried as Howe is a HOFer, and Henderson scored what many will say is the biggest goal in Canadian history back in 1972 against the USSR.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  19. Leafsfan1967

Picked up 6 more low end autos tonight. Another Wendel Clark the same as the one from last week. Another one of those prismatic autos /100 this time Darcy Tucker. Tim Gleason is Toronto's newest defenseman they picked up a few weeks ago. The Andreychuk is on I already have the same, it's just this one is a show stamped version 5/5 from the Toronto Expo. The Doan Team Canada is a pretty rare case hit card, and the Phaneuf is from 12-13 Fleer Retro.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
  20. Leafsfan1967

Mail today from a trade with mooche netted me a couple Leafs game used cards for some young guns I had sitting doing nothing on my desk. Also, from another trade with a moderator on SC Forum netted me 6 Troy Bodie rookies (not scanned yet). Bodie plays on the Leafs 3rd, and 4th line mostly.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]