UPDATE (8/25/13): Haas to sponsor Kurt Busch in 2014?

Discussion in 'Racing Talk' started by ranbethscards, Aug 19, 2013.

1. ranbethscards

ranbethscards Moderator Moderator

Yayski.com reports:

First, Stewart-Haas to have a fourth car? They got rid of Newman because they were NOT going to run a fourth car. This reminds me of when Lowe's decided to "get out of NASCAR" and stopped sponsoring Mike Skinner, only to jump to Hendrick's Motorsports and sponsor the up-and-coming rookie, Jimmie Johnson. Say what you mean and mean what you say!

...as reported by Fox Sports back in July:

Second, NO NO NO!!! Don't do it Kurt. When nobody in NASCAR would give you a ride, FRR stepped up and gave you the chance to prove yourself. Stay loyal to FRR and show the NASCAR community that a small "mom and pop" organization can win the Cup Chase!
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2013
  2. ranbethscards

jayski.com reports:

3. camaropat

camaropat Active Member

With the way SHR is running this year Id stick with Furniture Row for at least another year and see what happens.
  4. ranbethscards

I agree with that Pat... as I posted in the original thread:

5. ranbethscards

jayski.com's lastest report on the continuing Kurt Busch saga:

Now, I find this statement by Haas VERY comical: "I know Kurt has had a lot of sponsorship issues, but to me, I just want to win. "

"...just want to win." Then why is Danica still on the team? (yeah, I said it.. answer that for me Mister Haas).
  6. Leafsfan1967

Leafsfan1967 Moderator Moderator

I can't believe that the teams are allowed to talk about this stuff publicly while he's under contract to Furniture Row? Isn't that tampering? If you did that in hockey before the player was a free agent, the teams would be fined millions of dollars, and have to forfeit 1st round draft picks. I can't believe this practice is allowed. How can a guy concentrate on the remainder of this year when all this stuff is circulating? This could be argued that these premature contract talks effects his performance, and could be argued in court to that effect. I think it's complete bush league that nascar allows this to happen until the last lap at Homestead has been completed.