What's an Emmitt Smith Worth These Days?

Discussion in 'What's it Worth?' started by IQless1, Jul 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IQless1

IQless1 Active Member

I Pulled this out of a pack of Topps Pristine wayyy back and wondered what they are going for nowadays.

The card is a Pristine Patch, # PP-ES, #'d to 100.

Last I checked, it was $60, but that was half a decade ago. My guess is around $40?

If anyone can verify it, thanks.

2002_Topps Pristine_Pristine Patches_PP-ES  - Front.jpg

I'm using it as my Avatar, for a while...'till I scan something better. ;)
  2. IQless1

IQless1 Active Member

OK, I figured I'd stop asking people "what it's worth", for various reasons, by getting a subscription to Beckett. I figured it'd be maybe $30...and I was going to see if it was worth it or not.

Sticker-shock= $279

Hoooooly chit...never-freaking-mind! :eek:

I had no idea Beckett was a medical professional itchin' to give me a prostate exam...but what-do-ya-know, I "figured" wrong.
  3. IQless1

IQless1 Active Member

Here's why I want the info for this card: I'm willing to sell it here. I'm not on Beckett. I'm not on eBay. But I'd be willing to sell it to someone here.

Unlike my cheaper cards, a deal on this one may be possible, as shipping and insurance shouldn't be an issue. The card is likely to be valuable enough to warrant it, but I don't know that for sure. If I don't know what it's worth, and if I can't verify it, I wouldn't sell it.

I'm still not interested in a trade, unless shipping is accounted for. Something like $5 plus a slightly less valuable card is OK, and I'd consider it. I want to make that clear, I do not want to have to spend money on trades, as I simply can't afford it.

Any offers would be considered, but not without knowing what the card has gone for in the past. On that point, does anyone know if eBay or something has a Price History tool...one that would help in situations like this?
  4. NORD

NORD Member

5. ranbethscards

ranbethscards Moderator Moderator

and this is in the description... shows a BV of $60.00.

6. NORD

NORD Member

Yes but that isn't always the current bv or even the correct bv.
  7. IQless1

IQless1 Active Member

It does, thanks. It's come down a ways, as I expected. I was guessing to around $35 to $40, so it's more than I expected, but that's the nature of cards. I guess I'll hold on to it for fifty years, then see. ;)
    $60 was when it first came out. The person's probably using that BV instead of a current one. No, I'm not the person lol
    I agree. As for how a BV comes to be, it's supply and demand, so if any price guide wants to be accurate, actual sales are the best way to do it. This one's at $20, and it's the only one I've seen, so I give it a BV of $20. The more sales there are, the more accurate the stated BV. That changes over time, so thanks for the link, it gives me an idea what it's worth to other people. Personally, my BV was around $25. That's the average of what I would have expected it to sell for by now...and $20 is within that range (of + or - $5).

I'm not selling it somewhere, though I would have here if the info was a bit more favorable to my understanding of it's value. I would have been looking to make $20/$25 on it, but I guess it's not worth it.

Thanks for the info. :) I'd get a Beckett subscription but I want to keep my kidneys. ;)
  8. djarum1

djarum1 New Member

Wow...good thing I checked here, I think I may have an Emmitt Smith or two of my own lying around somewhere, going to have to take a look. Looks like if you're looking to get at least $20 for it, you're in luck.
  9. IQless1

IQless1 Active Member

Make it $25 and I'd sell. $20 is the BV apparently, and I thought it'd be higher than that, in the $35 to $40 range. If it's cash, I'd pay for shipping. If it's a trade, I'd need a few bucks thrown into the deal to account for shipping. My bottom line on all trades/sales is that I don't spend money...I just can't.
  10. IQless1

IQless1 Active Member

I'd accept any trade offer, but you'll have to throw in at least $3 for shipping too. $3 covers shipping and Delivery Confirmation (DC). $5 covers shipping, DC, and insurance.

If you have any cheap/junk autos you don't care for, any cheap/junk relics, any Packers, any #'d, any junk rookies, Star Trek inserts, other Sci-Fi cards, etc...put a package together and PM me an offer, I'm easy to please lol...I would prefer at least an auto or relic in return, and they can be cheap ones, but that's not strictly necessary, if I like the package I'd accept.
  11. camaropat

camaropat Active Member

Hmm, I may be interested in this. I can offer up:

2006 R&S Longevity Owen Daniels RC auto 17/25
    2011 Panini Cameron Jordan auto
    2011 Leaf Draft Delone Cater auto
    2008 Gridiron Kenny Phillips auto
    2012 Topps Rookie Jumbo Relic Ashlon Jeffery
    2012 Topps Rookie Jumbo Relic Justin Blackmon
    2007 R&S Dress for Success Dwayne Bowe Facemask G/U
    2010 Sweet Spot Sweet Swatches Lesean McCoy
    2012 Bowman Inside the Numbers Mike Williams G/U
    2008 R&S Dress for Success Jaquin Inglasias G/U
    2012 R&S Longevity Freshman Orientation Stephen Hill G/U
    2012 Plates and Patches Rookie Blitz Torrey Smith G/U
  12. IQless1

IQless1 Active Member

Sure thing, I'll go ahead and create a trade offer in Trade Manager. Same as last time, I'll ship first. :)
  13. IQless1

IQless1 Active Member

I added the two Hockey 1994 Signature Rookies autos you wanted to my offer, as I feel this deal is too lob-sided in my favor otherwise. Also, I'm throwing in some 1994 Maxx Earnhardt doubles I have (not listed in offer).
  14. IQless1

IQless1 Active Member

Just got the cards today. The Inglasias was replaced with Dwayne Bowe, otherwise all arrived. I don't have an issue with it, just letting you know about it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.