What's The Coolest Card You Own?

Discussion in 'Card Chat' started by windywildwendy, Jun 22, 2013.

1. windywildwendy

windywildwendy New Member

Collecting cards is not a hobby anymore, it's like a sport. Constantly competing with the next guy or girl (yes, girls collect cards too).
    So, in the spirit of good sportsmanship (or sportswomanship) - not bragging, showing off or competing, just post which card is the coolest to you, the one you treasure the most :)
    redwing40 likes this.
  2. ranbethscards

ranbethscards Moderator Moderator

really hard to say... I have so many different "cool" cards... from Autographs and Game-Used/Race-Used to Inserts and Base! Yes... Base Cards can be cool!
  3. redwing40

redwing40 #1 Wings Fan

I would say this would have to be my Coolest "Card"!

Really I have two of them and another incoming from Germany, show that one too, Kindl The Cup AU/GU RC, look forward for what this guy will bring to the Wings D in the Future years!
    In order of my first one.....
    [​IMG]
    Second...
    [​IMG]
    My third incoming......
    [​IMG]
    Leafsfan1967 likes this.
  4. T-206

T-206 Active Member

Oh gosh I don't know maybe one of these
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And Why my User Name only need 86 more for the set
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Leafsfan1967 and IQless1 like this.
  5. redwing40

redwing40 #1 Wings Fan

Wow, T-206, now that's a collection, that would be a tough choice for coolest card when they're are cool!
  6. T-206

T-206 Active Member

Thanks. I will try to add to the PC forum in the next day or 2

That is one heck of a Hockey card you have. Thinking about going fo all of them :)
  7. ranbethscards

I knew this would happen.. all was happy in my world, then Wayne shows back up and shows off the T-206s! Makes me wish I had kept my seven... and built on that. Oh well..
  8. Leafsfan1967

Leafsfan1967 Moderator Moderator

I'd have to say my coolest card is this one. It's cool because it was given to me as a gift from about 20 members of a message board called spawn.com, which is also known as the Mcfarlane Sports Picks figures site. I've been a Sr. member there since 2003, and we use to do a lot of these random type acts of kindness to those who always seemed to go out of their way to give, and help others in the community. I was chosen as one of these reciprocants, and that alone was a huge honor. I will always cherish this gift, not only for what it is, but what it represented. Dale was my favorite driver, and I was crushed when he passed away. :(

[​IMG]
    IQless1 and ranbethscards like this.
  9. 11UCBearcats

11UCBearcats New Member

I would have to say the coolest card I have, to me at least would be my autographed Ruben Patterson rookie/Bearcats card. I grew up a Bearcats fan and even though nobody else may think it's cool, I always love to have hometown heroes from when I was a kid to hold on to the memories.
  10. LoveMonkey

LoveMonkey New Member

I would say that any card that somehow brings you happiness should be your favorite card. Maybe it is someone you look up to and they autographed the card. Or maybe you have a fond memory of sharing that card with someone or someone giving you that card. It really is a great hobby/sport. Oh and by the way I am a woman and I am proud to be a sports card collector!
  11. Flame

Flame Member

My coolest card is my Danica Patrick 2013 Redline Relics Signiture Edition #2/10 image.jpg
    Leafsfan1967 and IQless1 like this.
  12. ranbethscards

sweeeeeeeet Danica! congrats!
  13. IQless1

IQless1 Active Member

My '97/98 Stadium Club Triumvirate (9b?) Michael Jordan was a sweet pull. I'll post it...if I can ever find it lol
  14. ty4orce

ty4orce Active Member

In another thread you know it is my Champs dinosaur tooth card but here are a couple others and an oddball.....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    that is it for now don't want to stack em...
    Leafsfan1967 likes this.
  15. IQless1

IQless1 Active Member

I finally found my '97/'98 Stadium Club Triumvirate, and took a bunch of scans and photos of it, but the image quality sucks. For whatever reason, it doesn't want to be photographed lol

Here's the best images I managed to take:

ugh 026.jpg ugh 031.jpg ugh 032.jpg ugh 037.jpg

I found a similar one here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/natsturner/5499359953/

It has a way better quality than what I could produce with my scanner and camera.

This site has some info on sales (Asian):

http://jerrykpginacb.blogspot.com/2011/11/1997-98-stadium-club-triumviratenov.html

And this one has some info on determining which card I actually have:

http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/...jordan-triumvirate-insert-card-do-i-have.html

I still don't know which one I actually have...after some fifteen years lol

I hate it when that happens. :mad:

If anyone has any links to specifics on my card, I'd appreciate it.
    Leafsfan1967 likes this.
  16. T-206

T-206 Active Member

If its like baseball some have 2 parts and some has three. Looking at yours I would say you have the middle piece so it would be a B

Nice Jordan
  17. IQless1

IQless1 Active Member

Yeah, it's a T9B. The problem I'm having is determining which variation it is.

There is apparently three versions: The base version, a Luminescent version (1:192), and a Illuminator version (1:384).

I'm inclined to believe it's an Illuminator because when I hold it up to a light, the light shines through the card, as this quote describes:

That explains the difficulty I have scanning it: The light reflects back at the scanner, making it look darker.

It would have helped if the 3rd picture (and all pics, really) from the site weren't deleted lol

Site link: http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/...jordan-triumvirate-insert-card-do-i-have.html

It would also have helped if Topps had labelled the card properly.

I'm still trying to verify that only the Illuminator allows light to pass through the card. The base doesn't, I'm pretty sure, but the Luminescent? With a name like that, it gives me pause lol

Either way, this is now my most valuable card. If it's an Illuminator, and if I get a high grade on it from ISA, the thing is in the $500+ range. One sold for $710, another for $1050.00. Others may not have been properly identified, and sold for as little as $100...which explains the deleted images lol
  18. IQless1

IQless1 Active Member

I've ruled out the Illuminator version. I finally found a pic. ;)

Since mine has the refractor-like finish, it's the Luminescent version. I finally found info that indicates that light can pass through this version too.

Still trying to find out if this is a Series Two card, as I believe it is, or a Series One. The Series One Illuminators were limited to four produced, and the Luminescents probably eight. From what I can tell that may not hold true for the Series Two cards, which may have nine or more of each Illuminator card, making at least 18 Luminescent versions produced.

Finding info slowly lol
  19. IQless1

IQless1 Active Member

I guess I'll try contacting Topps and see if they have records on this card, aespecially how many were produced. I'm pretty positive it's a Series Two, since it's a T9B, and the T1B is also a Jordan, and also pretty certain there are more than eight of these produced...the question I have now is how many.

I see they identified which version was which on the cards starting the ext year. They learned pretty quick I guess lol
  20. IQless1

IQless1 Active Member

I did. ;) We'll see if they can respond or not lol

I found an interesting tidbit there. If you have damaged product from this year's sets, you can send them in for replacement. I didn't know that, but it makes sense lol

Just an fyi for anyone who may not know that.